TELEPHONIC INTERPRETING FOR HEALTHCARE
AND SOCIAL SERVICES
When you need an interpreter, our Customer Service Associates or Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system efficiently connect our skilled, qualified, and experienced interpreters to you and your Limited English Proficient (LEP) patients/clients through our state-of-the-art telecommunications system. Our call monitoring, tracking, and reporting are among the most advanced in the industry.
With a range of implementation and technology solutions available, we will work with you to ensure that our telephonic interpreting services are easy to use, widely understood, and available without interruption. We will provide you with:
- Medically-qualified interpreters available 24/7/365
- Connection to an interpreter in 30 seconds or less
- Support for more than 200 languages; 99.85% language availability
- Documentable and traceable interpretation with no additional paperwork needed
- Complete confidentiality; HIPAA compliance
- Call monitoring for quality assurance
- Customized service implementation at your location
How Over-the-Phone Interpreting Works
We will assign you a toll-free number and an individualized access code. When you dial your toll-free number, you will be connected to a Pacific Interpreters Customer Service Associate (CSA) (who will ask you for your access code and then connect you to an interpreter), or directly to an interpreter via the IVR. It's that easy!
Watch the video "How Over-the-Phone Interpreting Works"
How Over-the-Phone Interpreting Can Help You
There are numerous benefits to using telephonic interpreting:
- Improved patient outcomes
- More efficient use of staff
- Lower risk to your organization
- Improved patient satisfaction
- Compliance with government mandates for privacy, such as Title VI
When you begin service with us, our implementation team will contact you to prepare a comprehensive implementation plan for your facility. A successful implementation is one that is championed by your interpreter program coordinator and enthusiastically supported by your key managers. We also like to establish a working relationship with a member of your IT department who can assist us in removing any technical barriers to using our service.
The survey is usually conducted over the phone and gathers specific details, including:
- Physical plant
- Phone system and hardware requirements
- Current interpreter scheduling system
- Language mix of your patient population
- Staff/agency interpreter availability
- Number of individual access codes required
- Anticipated call volume
Implementation Briefing to Team Leaders and Department Heads
Our optional Implementation service takes about 20 minutes and is recommended to:
- Build awareness and share organizational objectives
- Provide question and answer opportunities
- Train users onsite (five-seven minutes at each department or workstation)
- Distribute customized printed reference materials
- Integrate service seamlessly without interruption of daily workflow
Hardware Options—No Proprietary Equipment Necessary
Many modern phone systems already have speakerphone capability. When the use of a speakerphone does not provide sufficient sound quality, we can provide the following devices for purchase:
With Pacific Interpreters, you pay only for the services you use. There are no setup charges, no monthly minimum charges, and no hidden fees. Add this to the savings that result from faster, more accurate patient interactions, and the return on investment is obvious.
For healthcare facilities, further savings result from eliminating unnecessary hospital stays, diagnostic testing, and time lost when trying to treat Limited-English Proficient patients without a trained medical interpreter.
- Flat per-minute rate or tiered, volume-based pricing available
- Discounting based on cumulative customer group usage
- Individual billing and reporting for each facility/department
- No setup fees or monthly minimums
- No hard-to-find-language or time-of-day surcharges
- No charge for 3rd and 4th-party calls, or scheduled calls